1. Ministry Responsible.
· Ministry of Rural Development.
· A Rural Housing program was started in 1996 with name as Indira Awas Yojana (IAY).
· But owing to certain issues in its Implementation, IAY was restructured into Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Grameen (PMAY-G).
· To provide Pucca house with basic amenities to all houseless families and families with Kutcha makan or dilapidated houses.
· The focus is not on BPL families but families without a PUCCA house or houseless families based on data of SECC 2011 data.
4. Launch Date
· 1st April 2016
5. Time Period
· 2016 to 2021
6. Immediate Objective:
· 1 Crore houses in 3 years i.e. 2016-2017 to 2018-19.
7. Minimum Size of House to be provided under the Scheme.
· 25 sq Mt with a hygienic cooking space.
· Assistance to be provided under the scheme:
· 1.30 lakh in Hilly areas, difficult areas and IAP (integrated action Plan) states.
· 1.20 lakh in plain areas States.
· Beneficiaries will also be eligible for :
· Payments equal to 90–95 persons-days of unskilled labor from MGNREGA will be paid additionally.
· For Toilet construction :
· Assistance of Rs 12000 under Swatch Bharat mission will be paid.
· Additional Assistance :
· Additional Assistance will be given for Drinking water, electricity; LPG gas under different government programs by converging schemes.
· Cost Sharing:
· The cost of assistance to be given to the beneficiary will be shared between centre and state governments as :
1. 60:40 In plain areas
2. 90:10 in NE areas and Himalayan states(J&K,H.P, and U.K)
· Identification of Beneficiaries:
· Identification of Beneficiaries will be based on Socio-economic caste census2011.
· List of beneficiaries selected, will be verified by Gram Sabha.
· National Technical Support Agency (NTSA)
· To achieve the targets of PMAY-G within the timeline a National Technical Support Agency (NTSA) has been created to provide technical assistance on cost effective construction of the houses.
· Additional Loan Facility.
· In addition to above mentioned technical and financial support a beneficiary will also be providing Loan facility up to 70000/- from financial institutions.
· Direct Benefit Transfer.
· All financial assistance will be provided electronically in an Aadhar linked bank account of the Beneficiary.
· Other Important Initiatives taken under PMAY-G.
· Sensitization on housing literacy
· Training of Masons,
· Involving community resources person like Anganwadi or ASHA workers and NGOs for awareness programs.
· Involving IIT & NIT or any other agencies providing to technical solutions.