- The flagship scheme of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
Entrepreneurship education and training.
- Easy access to entrepreneurship support network to over 14 lakh youth to initiate maximum start-ups (no number has been mentioned ) over five years.
- Implemented through a system of National Entrepreneurship Resource and Coordination Hub (National E-Hub) & Nodal Entrepreneurship Hubs (E-hubs).
- Range of Courses Offered Under the Scheme On Different Levels.
- Institute of Higher Learning will offer six certificate programs to students. It will have a strong focus on peer learning, and creates smart, collaborative teams of students. Students will be provided with the hardskills required to start and run a venture. Students, who have ideas, will be supported with guidance, networks and platforms.
- Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs), will provide courses on setting up a small business in the fields like Inventory management, sourcing, bookkeeping and financial discipline, digital marketing, general administration and barefoot managerial skills.
- Higher Secondary (HS) Schools – At the 10+2 level, there will be two type of courses -> Foundation and Advanced Course. In Foundation Course, student will understand how entrepreneurs think and act and will be inspired about entrepreneurship as a career. The Advanced Course will help students learn basic skills necessary to start a company and run their own business.
- Entrepreneurship Development Centres (EDC) :The EDC candidates will be able to launch their own venture by applying the venture creation knowledge and skills to their domain of expertise. modular courses will be offered for specific business skills such as inventory management, sourcing, bookkeeping and financial discipline, digital marketing, general administration, barefoot managerial skills and communication skills (the list of area is not exhaustive) etc. Course duration will be decided by National E-hub in consultation with EDCs.
- Social Entrepreneurship
The Social Entrepreneurship will focus on
- Incubation Support,
- Social Entrepreneurship Development Programme (SEDP),
- Training of Trainers Programme .
- The program will focus on mobilizing, identifying and giving incubation support to the prospective social entrepreneurs and knowledge development on social entrepreneurship at regional and national level.
- the course module offer on social entrepreneurship have been proposed to 440 Institutes of Higher Learning under the scheme.
- For Government Institutions- Onetime: Rs.3Lakh as Capital Expenditure, Grants for purchase of Capital Equipment like Laptop, Office
Software, Projector, Audio Visual Equipment etc.
- Operational Expenditure (Recurring Expense) – [email protected] Rs.5,000/- per month per faculty + Faculty training cost.
Additional important Features.
- Entrepreneurship Education and training through Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), designed and developed by national and international experts.
- These courses are certified by National Institute of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD) under Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship(MSDE).