Preliminary Exam Format.
- There are two papers in Preliminary Exam of Civil Services i.e paper 1 and paper2.
- Paper 1 is of General Studies with total 100 questions. Each Carries 2 Marks and a negative Marking of 33.33 % (1/3rd).
- Paper 2 is of Aptitude also called CSAT- Civil Services Aptitude Test. CSAT is qualifying in nature. A total of 80 Questions carrying 200 marks are asked. Each question is of 2.5 Marks with a negative Marking of 33.33 % (1/3rd) for wrong answer.
- Both papers are of 2 hours in Duration.
- On the Exam day Paper 1 is given in morning from 9.30 AM – 11.30AM. After a gap of 3 Hours Paper 2 is given from 2.30PM to 4.30 PM.